Standard pallet racks hold most any kind of product but present challenges for long and bulky loads like carpet or piping. Such loads are hard to place on the shelves, remove when needed and count for inventory. Cantilever racking eliminates those trials.
- Easy to use. The front is completely open with no columns in the way, allowing faster loading and unloading and reducing labor associated with handling costs.
- Flexible. With no separating columns, loads can be placed the entire length of a cantilever racking shelf.
- Compact. There is no lost room because of the rack structure, horizontally or vertically. This provides a larger handling clearance and one hundred percent utilization of the space.
- Selective. Open spaces are identified and accessible immediately. No shifting of already placed product or squeezing into tight places.
- Economical. This type of racking is very cost-efficient. There is less material than traditional pallet storage shelving and the open ends means that storage load length increases without an increase to storage cost.
- Adaptable. Cantilever racks can store virtually any kind of load. This versatility saves time and money.
- Storage. Cantilever Rack Center column design creates unlimited horizontal space.
Cantilever Rack Systems
Cantilever Rack: The perfect solution for large and bulky items.
Cantilever racking is used to store large, bulky and odd-shaped loads with no structural impediments to the picking face of the shelf. Cantilever means “a beam anchored at one end only”. The weight of the load is born by the anchoring upright beam or base to which the arm is attached.
The racks are made up of four parts:
- This is the beam that supports the extended arms upon which the load rests.
- The uprights connect into the base. The base is bolted securely to the floor or ground for
- The arms extend out from the upright forming the “shelf” that holds the stored load. They can be straight or set at different angles, depending on the requirements of the product being stored.
- These are rods that connect the uprights, providing extra stability, rigidity and strength.
Cantilever racking can be assembled in many different formations, most commonly up against a wall for single-sided racking, or they can be placed back to back for double-sided racking. The space between the uprights can be adjusted to fit into corner, crook or cranny in your warehouse to make the most of all available space.
Cantilever Rack System Benefits
Atlantic Rack’s selection of Cantilever racking is one of the strongest and most versatile storage options available. Loads of any dimension – short, long, awkward, odd, bulky, heavy – fit well on its racks, secure and with easy access. It is easy to install. The racking is also very space efficient, optimizing open areas in every direction and can be used indoor or outdoor. There are configuration variations that allow implementation of a roof system on outdoor racking or to use narrow aisles. Regardless of what you need to store and where, cantilever racking is a viable option that can optimize both the profitability and productivity of your organization.